Sunday 13 May 2012

Say a prayer for a future Husband

You must be passing out of breath at the thought of a future husband. You say, “I am only 12, barely 14”. Why husbands? You’d be expecting me to talk about grades, fashion stuff and the last topic near boys. I once did as well. I was washing my pairs of socks and school uniforms when my mum advised me to do the same. I was wondering that’s a crazy idea. I did not even understand the concept of menstruation, let alone, marriage. She asked me to pray for my husband and children at 9. It sounded absurd, but I look back and realized that the Lord has guided me along the best part of my life and according to the desires that he has planted in my heart for my partner. You need to pray now. Why? Marriage is one of the very major decisions, you will make in life, first, being that of choosing whom you will serve. God is author of marriage. Secondly, life is a passing glance. We think it’s very long but in just a few years, we are 21 or approaching 25 and there is this young man before you, you aren’t sure it’s your man. Thirdly, prayers are seeds. You sow them now and they mature at the fullness of time. Fourthly, as you grow, the intent or motives becomes easily patterned by the environment, but praying your way through helps you to keep in the right part. The bible tells us that, that there is a way that seems right but the end of it is destruction.
What are some things you can (or do) pray for your future husband? Do you do anything special like keep a journal of letters to him? What are some ways you can take you’re longing for a relationship and turn it into something productive?
Every day you spend waiting is a day you can spend praying. Regularly pray that the man God would have for me would have certain character qualities—patience, kindness, gentleness, godliness, etc…
To make this easy, I have excerpted the below from a book by Robins Jones Gunn & Tricia Goyer,” Praying for Your Future Husband”
For example, How do I pray for God to develop patience in my future husband?
- Pray he will turn to God and that God's peace will help him to be inwardly calm and willing to wait.
- Pray he will have a quiet and steady faithfulness to God.
- Pray he will be content in every state he finds himself in.
- Pray his eyes will be focused on things to come, rather than things he wished he had now.
- Pray he will not push for answers before the time is right.
- Pray he will trust God's sense of timing.
- Pray he will be reminded of all the times God has been patient with him.
- Pray he waits with hope and expectancy.
Patience is like holding a closed bud of promise in your hand. Imagine that closed, white rose in your mind. Consider allowing each petal to unfold slowly, in its own way. Can you see the beauty of each stage? Can you see God's hand wrapped around yours, watching the unfolding with you?
So, take some time (it doesn’t have to be every day) and pray for your future husband. Ask God to build traits of godliness in him and make him a strong leader. Pray that God will give him boldness—especially when it comes to pursuing you when the time is right. And also prayed for his purity and that the Lord would be drawing him into a deeper relationship with Himself. Don’t be afraid to pray for his sexual purity and protection even from pure relationships with the wrong girls. 
Of course, as you pray these things for your future husband, be sure to pray the same for yourself. 
You may be amazed at what God will do. Keep a written record of your prayers with a date next to them so that someday you can have a written testimony of what God did in your love story long before you even knew the man you would marry.


Never early to early to pray for a future husband

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers. We appreciate you for visiting. Please, share with your loved ones and friends